Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Reflection

After completing the media blogs for this class, I have realized that media is more prevalent in our lives than I even knew. Advertisers use a large variety of different strategies to make people buy their product or even the lifestyle that they are trying to sell. Although I don't consider myself to be very affected by the marketing universe, associations that I make with products and lovemarks such as Nike attracts me to the product more than I realize. The consumerism that marketing always will promote can be dangerous, as it leads people to buy things that they don't need, or that aren't as good as they thought they would be.

However, not all media is "dangerous to the human race." Songs and movies that we see every day, although advertising can be seen in them, are very good entertainment and have a place in the world. Also, things such as video games are extremely fun and aren't necessarily dangerous. The main focus of new media is to make progress so that the perfect experience for people. Although money is behind this, media is not a bad thing. The main issue with media is that it can be used to deceive consumers, not to help them, and is misused by some advertisers and media giants.

No comments:

Post a Comment